Remove the symptoms and cosmetic effects of a benign thyroid nodule by office based radiofrequency ablation RFA.
What are the effects during thyroid RFA?
- Awake in the office for the treatment.
- Local anesthesia 1% 5 cc for the skin entry point.
- 1% for the anterior capsule of the thyroid.
- No nerve endings inside the thyroid nodule.
- May experience ear or jaw pain that can be relieved by decreasing the power setting.
- There can be popping sounds like popcorn or bubble wrap.
- Neck pain treated with mild pain killers.
- Swallowing during the 15-20 minute procedure is not a problem.
- Local only so you are awake to tell us if you are having any symptoms.
- Post RFA. 30 minute observation and you can leave.
- Tylenol is all that is needed for the neck pain.
- cold compresses for12-24 hours.
- Follow up 3,6,12 months for ultrasounds.
- Don’t let your physicians push surgery and get an outside opinion.
- 310-393-8860 or [email protected]
- Ask for Alicia.