Thyroid No Surgery: Thyroid Surgery is Not The Treatment of Choice for Recurrent Benign Thyroid Complex Cysts or Parathyroid Cysts.
Don’t let your primary physician send you to surgery when PEI is available for your treatment.
ETHANOL ABLATION EA OR ETHANOL INJECTION OR PEI IS THE TREATMENT OF CHOICE.
- Outpatient or office procedure without even a local.
- No hospital stay for the thyroidectomy.
- No hospital induced infections.
- No scar, or drug hangover from drugs to put you out for the surgery..
- No post surgery side effects or complications.
- No significant major complications with PEI.
- Initial consultation and repeat biopsy to exclude cystic papillary cancer.
- The treatment is a short 30 minute procedure.
- After 30 minute observation the patient can leave.
- The follow up is at 1,3,6,12 months for ultrasound.
- The fee for the evaluation with the repeat biopsy is $1750.
- The fee for the PEI with follow up ultrasounds for 12 months is $2500.
Ethanol ablation PEI is the treatment of choice for cystic benign thyroid nodules. Inactive recurrent parathyroid cysts are also treated with ethanol as a first line treatment over surgery.
Call 1310-393-8860 for details on how to prevent surgery for your recurrent thyroid or parathyroid cyst with PEI. or email to [email protected]
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU
Dr. Guttler has been doing PEI for over ten years and is doing reach with Interpace lab on the molecular markers in thyroid cyst fluid.
There are other uses for PEI.
- Treatment of recurrent lymph node thyroid cancer in the neck after failed modified radical neck dissection.
- Saves another hospital visit for another neck surgery.
- PEI for this use is markedly less expensive than surgery. PEI $2500 vs Surgery $50,000.
- PEI is less fraught with the spector of surgery complications, loss of work, and post surgery fatigue.
- PEI can be used for thyroglossal duct cysts.
- PEI can be alternative therapy for small <1.5 cm papillary thyroid cancers, instead of surgery or long term active surveillance.